When it comes to outbound recruiting Dover cuts down on the time it takes to source, schedule, and craft outreach through AI and automation. We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve also done the same for inbound recruiting - here's how.
Inbound Recruiting: An Overview
Over 75% of job seekers start their search on Google — on Dover’s platform, 40% of hires made by our customers come from inbound channels. Inbound recruiting creates a remarkable candidate experience through employer brand content and marketing strategies that help companies build relationships with top talent. Unlike traditional outbound recruiting that involves LinkedIn messages or email pitches, the goal of inbound recruiting is to have candidates come to you through touchpoints such as your company website and job boards.
Notably, qualified inbound candidates are more likely to result in hires than outbound candidates because these candidates are actively searching for a role, and have demonstrated an express interest in your company.
Common pain points in inbound recruiting
We've seen why with our customers firsthand: an inbound strategy is not easy to develop and maintain. Here are the most common pain points we’ve seen across startups who come to us for recruiting support:
- Nascent employer brand: While you may have a team page, or a few headshots of your crew on your website, your employer branding is still in its early stages, and doesn't produce sufficient traffic to your website or careers page, so you don't get the applicants you're looking for. For more tips on how to improve your employer brand, take our quiz and download our corresponding ebook.
- Lack of job board familiarity: You turn to job boards to increase the number of applicants for your open roles, but don't know which ones would make your role successful, and don't have a good sense of how to create a strategy or budget for them.
- Difficulty processing applications: After some time, you finally get applicants in the door, but it's hard to process the high volume of applications. It's noisy, finding a "diamond in the rough" requires a lot of patience and pain (our data suggests that only 10% of applicants are qualified for a first-round phone screen), and it's easy to fall behind.
Dover Inbound — the future of startup inbound recruiting
Dover Inbound allows teams to simplify and automate inbound best practices so that they're achievable for lean and high-growth teams. Here’s a quick rundown of the benefits we discussed in this blog:
- We automatically find and post on the job boards that are most relevant to your searches, and allow you to choose from an array of additional job board options. We also suggest how much you should spend on various job boards to meet your hiring plans. With our integrations, it's as easy as toggling a job board on or off, and processing payment directly in-app.
- In the same way that our outbound recruiting software surfaces interested and qualified candidates to you in Slack, our platform filters inbound candidates based on your dealbreakers and needs, so only those that meet your exact search parameters are surfaced to you in Slack. No more reviewing noisy applications and hours spent on tedious resume reviews.
- Dover Interviewer allows you to screen candidates effectively because of our near-always availability: strike while the iron is hot and advance only those candidates who meet what it is you're looking for to subsequent stages.
If you'd like to chat with our team on how we can help you build and refine your team's inbound recruiting strategy, reach out here.