RemoteApply Now →
Dover is building the first end-to-end recruiting orchestration platform for the world's top companies. We combine best-in-class candidate evaluation technology with bespoke process automation to help companies find and hire top talent for their open roles.
Recruiting is a $50B/year industry in the US, but recruiting departments and agencies still have incredibly manual processes.
We've built a better way. Our advanced matching software identifies the perfect candidates across all recruiting channels and drives the hiring process to create a seamless, white-glove experience for both companies and candidates.
Dover went through Y Combinator in 2019, and today 100+ companies use our product to run a better hiring process. We've raised $23M from top VCs and are currently profitable. We're a remote team of 50+ with hubs in San Francisco and NYC and a presence in Boston, LA, and DC.
Fueled by 4x year over year growth and a $20m fundraise from Tiger in July 2021, Dover is seeking an accomplished and hands-on commercial leader to build and scale the go-to-market team to accelerate our growth even further. The major focus of the role will be on creating and leading Dover’s growth strategy, personally delivering top-line revenue growth, establishing a repeatable and scalable sales process, and building the sales organization.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of Sales is a critical and highly visible new role in the organization. As part of the executive team, the Vice President of Sales will help set the direction and infrastructure for high-volume growth with responsibility for all revenue creation activities. The leader will partner closely with the Customer Success team to ensure ongoing customer happiness, retention, and account expansion. The leader will also influence the product roadmap with customer insights.
Specifically, the leader will drive growth of the company’s vertically integrated recruiting platform with a focus on new customer wins. They will build and lead a team focused on winning and expanding business and brand awareness across Dover’s target markets.
- Developing and leading the go-to-market strategy to significantly increase Dover’s revenues through the acquisition of new accounts and expansion of existing relationships. Ensuring a client-focused approach in all aspects of the sales and relationship management cycle.
- Building, scaling, and leading a world-class sales team to shape a sales and expansion strategy that will position the company for the future.
- Establishing performance review criteria, set targets for direct reports, and serve as the champion for direct report’s career development
- Acting as a hunter and player/coach who is closing significant transactions individually and side-by-side with members of his/her team.
- Partnering with the VP of Marketing to deliver a marketing strategy that builds strong brand awareness, drives new customer acquisition, expands adoption and generates revenue growth.
- Working cross-functionally to build strong relationships with business and technical leaders, as well as influence their thinking and understanding.
- Develop customer focused sales strategies that cut across all GTM functions, as well as influence product development.
- Effectively communicating key success, challenges and forecasts to the exec team.
The ideal candidate is a proven software growth leader who has successfully scaled a SaaS business. They will have the personal drive, passion, and enthusiasm to both understand and successfully navigate a high-growth software/SaaS company in an evolving market.
Specifically, the successful candidate will possess the following experience:
- 10+ years of experience in progressively senior commercial leadership roles within B2B software/SaaS companies. Proven experience as the top commercial executive, setting the growth strategy for an organization is preferable.
- Experience as a leader or key contributor to a business scaling to $50M+ in annual revenue. Demonstrated track record of successful new business generation and "solution selling" as evidenced by a history of driving revenue growth.
- Strong functional expertise in sales and sales management with 5+ years spent building and leading high-performing software sales teams that consistently exceed targets.
Early-Stage Company Experience
- Proven success working in early-stage businesses with venture investment and involvement is expected.
- Experience excelling in a high growth environment where the company is growing quickly in size and the product is evolving rapidly.
- Significant experience building a repeatable and scalable commercial engine. Leverages data to implement an effective enterprise selling process involving all go-to-market teams.
- Strong metrics orientation with a proven methodology to set achievable goals, regularly measure productivity/progress, and adjust in real-time.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, build, mentor and direct a high-performing, cohesive team with a track record of meeting or exceeding revenue and growth expectations.
- Experienced in managing and coaching managers to drive continuous improvement throughout the organization
Intellectual Honesty: We are intellectually rigorous and reason from first-principle. We're very open to trying things out and running experiments. It's okay to be wrong — learning is valuable and helps us get to our ultimate goal. We make conclusions based on facts and data. We're honest with ourselves even if the conclusions are inconvenient or make us look bad.
Extreme Ownership: When we see a problem or an opportunity, we never think "that's not my job". We take responsibility for our results — both successes and failures. We drive projects to completion, even if it means doing unglamorous work or work that's outside of our job description.
Performance Orientation: As a startup, we bias towards action and value output and results. Success is achieved by looking forward to what can be done to get the result, and taking the action to make it happen. To allow us to iterate fast, the team will need to be willing to work with an MVP to get things out the door.
Active Generosity: We make time for each other — whether it means getting to know someone personally or helping them up-level in a new area. We are enthusiastic about acknowledging and celebrating each other’s contributions. We are equally focused on personal growth. Resourceful people are attracted to this environment, where new ideas are met with curiosity, and it is OK if a first attempt is not successful.
Dover is hiring remotely across the US and US-friendly timezones.